This programme intends to identify, nurture, and promote young artists from an underprivileged background. We acknowledge the lack of opportunities and platforms for young children in Kashmir, especially in the field of arts. We therefore hope to expose these children to the subject through training workshops, studio practice, interaction-sessions – and subsequently engage them with a broader audience for recognition and appreciation through competitions and a cumulative exhibition.
30 selected children will undergo a free 7-day professional development workshop Followed by an exhibition of their works. Winners will be awarded with prizes in Cash & Kind.
1) Applicant should be within the age group of 10 – 21 years old.
2) Annual household income of less than 1,20,000/- per annum.
Painting & Photography only.
Send up to 3 works in the discipline of your choice and/or a short note (up to 250 words) in English, Urdu, Hindi, or Kashmiri explaining why you would like to attend the workshop.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: +91 – 9596355455 to submit in person. Deadline: 01/09/2015
How can you help?
Share this message so that it reaches the right children.
– Visit a school, and urge the head of institution to encourage participation.
– If you know a local NGO network, urge them to share the message in their area of work.
– Email people you know. Share through your social media accounts.
– If you know someone who fits the criteria, help them submit.
– Sponsor to help the programme expand and touch more lives.
For more information call: +91 – 9596 355 455